|Helium Safety Precautions||By The RenTrain Editors|
HANDLE WITH CARE
Read all of the following precautions prior to using this cylinder
This is a high pressure cylinder.
Secure the cylinder to prevent it from falling over.
(NOTE: After reading this article, you may want to take a test on its content. To do so, follow this link: Helium Safety Test)
- DO NOT allow anyone to inhale helium from the filling equipment or from balloons. Rapid suffocation can take place by reducing the concentration of oxygen in the air necessary to support life. Inhaling directly from filling equipment can also cause serious lung damage WHICH COULD RESULT IN DEATH!
- DO NOT allow children to touch the cylinder, or its valve, or to operate the balloon filling equipment.
- DO NOT leave this cylinder unattended in a public area, or where children or unauthorized personnel can gain access to it.
- NEVER open the cylinder valve before attaching a balloon filling regulator to it. Tighten the regulator connection to the cylinder valve with a wrench.
- DO NOT use leaky equipment.
- DO NOT store or use the cylinder in a closely confined or poorly ventilated area. Leaking helium can reduce the amount of oxygen in the air and produce asphyxiation.
- DO NOT store or use the cylinder in hot areas. (over 130 degrees F) or near flames or electrical devices.
- DO NOT attempt to transfer helium from this cylinder into any other cylinder or container.
- SHUT OFF the cylinder valve after each use and when empty. Remove the balloon filling regulator and replace the cylinder cap prior to returning the cylinder to your supplier.
- REMEMBER: DO NOT remove the cylinder cap until the cylinder is secured. If the cap is stuck or jammed, return the cylinder to the supplier.
Visit these links for additional resources
Clicking on any of the above links will open a new browser window and direct you to independently managed World Wide Web Sites which are not affiliated with this rental store. While every effort has been made to evaluate the sites to which we link, we cannot control the content that may appear on these or related links.